They are distinguished for:
- Excellent bearing capacity as a structural component
- Excellent reaction to fire, category A1
- Excellent weather and corrosion resistance
- Acceptance of intumescent paints where required
- Easy and fast standard mounting
- Cover width 140mm, 180mm and 210mm
- Nominal sheet thickness 1.50mm, 2.00mm, 2.50mm, 3.00mm
- Fixed lengths up to 14m, depending on the project requirements
- Optional punched holes Φ12, Φ14, Φ18, Φ22, in any position
Enquiry about Open Section Type C
Enter the security code shown above
- Χρήσιμα Έντυπα
- Characteristic Metal Sheets
- Essential Properties
- Connection/Support Options
- Accessories / Items
Open sections type C 140, C 180, C 210
C-type cold rolled thin walled open sections are manufactured on the basis of the company’s high quality criteria covering a wide range of applications. Produced in desirable lengths up to 14m depending on project requirements. It is possible to be produced with punched holes of diameter Φ12, Φ14, Φ18, Φ22, at any point with excellent precision.
Open sections type C, are usually used as girts or purlins to support the side cover or top cover of the building. Obviously the number of applications of these cross sections is unlimited, provided that the static study of the structure has been issued.
Open sections C40x40 & C20x40
Alternatively, it is possible to produce cold rolled thin wall open sections type C40x40 & C20x40. They are produced with high quality and durable galvanized steel sheets. They are produced in lengths less than 8 meters and the thickness of metal sheet ranges from 2.00mm to 3.00.
Characteristic Metal Sheets
Different materials in different thicknesses are available for the production of the profiles. The metal sheets available for the production of the profile can be steel, which produced according to EN 10346 and En 10143 as per quality and tolerances. The thickness of the metal sheets ranges from 1.50mm up to 3.00mm.
Galvanized steel sheets, without color coating
- according to EN 10346 & EN 10143,
- hot dip zinc protection Ζ 70 ~ 275 gr/m2
- aluzinc protection AΖ 70 ~ 265 gr/m2
Different materials in different thicknesses are available for the production of the profiles. Please refer to the sales department about the available coatings and the available colors (RAL 1014 to RAL 9010).
Open section type C
|C 140||C 180||C 210|
|Nominal sheet thickness [mm]||Weight per unit length * [kg/m*]|
* Weight per unit length was calculated taking into account the specific weight of steel = 7850 kg/m3.
Type C open sections cannot be overlapped. U or L connectors/sleeves are used to join the parts together. The thickness of the steel sheets of the connectors is always greater than the thickness of the section profiles, and their length depends on the span between the supports. It is recommended to place the joints always at the support positions (columns, beams).
For structural construction, the straight reduction, at the position of the holes, shall be calculated taking into account the provisions of EN 1993-1-3.