They are distinguished for:
- Excellent bearing capacity as a structural deck
- Excellent reaction to fire, category A1
- Excellent weather and corrosion resistance
- Acceptance of intumescent paints where required
- Easy and fast standard mounting
- a cover width of 880mm in various thicknesses from 0.80mm to 1.50mm
- fixed lengths up to 14m, depending on the project
- Characteristic Metal Sheets
- Essential Properties
- Connection/Support Options
- Accessories / Items
Steel Deck Profile 80/293
Steel deck profile 80/293 is a standardized cold-rolled thin-walled cross-sections and it can be used as construction metal formwork. The profiles are manufactured on the basis of the company’s high quality criteria covering a wide range of applications. Produced in desirable lengths up to 14m depending on project requirements.
Profiles 80/293, due to their design, can carry heavy loads and can be used as independent structural elements in light constructions, eg for decks. By using it as a metal formwork for the injection of concrete, the labor cost of the construction is minimized as it requires shorter building times and avoids the use of wooden formwork.
Obviously the number of applications of these cross-sections is unlimited, provided that the static study of the structure has been issued.
Composite Steel Deck 80/293
The composite steel deck 80/293 consists of a Steel profile 80/293 with paneling and poured concrete. Initially steel sheets used as a metal formwork and after hardening the concrete as a composite slab. Usually the quality of the concrete used is C 20/25.
When the static system is a continuous multi-span system, the concrete usually poured with a light steel reinforcement. In this way the system can handle the negative moments of the supports and protect the concrete from cracking. The reinforcement can be steel grid, B500C grade, from Φ8 / 20 to Φ10 / 15 depending on the slab thickness from 0.14m to 0.20m.
Characteristic Metal Sheets
Different materials in different thicknesses are available for the production of the profiles. The metal sheets available for the production of the profile can be steel, which produced according to EN 10346 and En 10143 as per quality and tolerances. The thickness of the metal sheets ranges from 0.80mm up to 1.50mm.
Galvanized steel sheets, without color coating
- according to EN 10346 & EN 10143,
- hot dip zinc protection Ζ 70 ~ 275 gr/m2
- aluzinc protection AΖ 70 ~ 265 gr/m2
Different materials in different thicknesses are available for the production of the profiles. Please refer to the sales department about the available coatings and the available colors (RAL 1014 to RAL 9010).
Steel Deck Profile 80/293
|Sheet nominal thickness
|Weight per unit area *
|Area A of section**
|Moment of Inertia Ix**
* Weight per unit area was calculated taking into account the specific weight of steel 7850 kg/m3.
** Geometrical and moment features per width meter
The steel decks 80/293 in the longitudinal direction are securely joined together without the need for extra components, thanks to the specially designed joint.
For structural construction, the reduction of strength due to holes and grooves shall be calculated taking into account the provisions of EN 1993-1-3.
Accessories / Items
Shear Welding Nails
For bonding the concrete slab with the metal formwork, it is recommended to use Shear welding nails. Micro notches on the smooth surface of the metal formwork increase adhesion but are not sufficient. It is recommended to use certified nails that do not require heavy and expensive construction equipment.
- For the 50/190 formwork, a nail with height H = 75mm is recommended
- For the 80/293 formwork, a nail with height H = 105mm is recommended
- For the 98/280 formwork, a nail with height H = 125mm is recommended